Wednesday, April 10, 2019

My thoughts on the death penalty

Oddly for a libertarian, I'm in favor of the death penalty. I think it should be used for the truly heinous crimes and no, I have no moral problem against it. The reality is we live in a society that has truly evil people and those evil people do things that are, well, evil. When you commit a crime that is so abhorrent that death seems to be the best punishment, it often is. The blunt truth is that some criminals do not deserve to live in our society.

I know what you are thinking. "Oh my God, he isn't a libertarian, he disagrees with an issue with them!" I've talked about it before how we all have pet peeve issues, and for libertarians the death penalty is certainly one of them. You can agree with the LP party on 99% of the issues but if you dare to think for yourself on this or that issue, your idealogical purity is called into question. It blows my mind that a party that supports individual rights demands lockstep conformity on all issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment