Monday, May 15, 2017

Wall with Mexico

The wall with Mexico is not talked about anymore, but it has been on my mind. I think it might still be in the works. 

I get it, Trump isn't a conservative. He's a big government authoritarian. He hijacked the republican party because a rich white guy from Manhattan would have a hard time as a democrat, in particular against Bernie and Hillary.

This wall with Mexico is a horrible idea. For the first time in my life, I'm seeing "conservatives" embrace big government idiocy with absolutely no thought given to the practical issues that come with government building anything. Look no further than the "big dig" in Boston. Think government can build anything efficiently? Think again. I'm in favor of some border security. Like virtually everyone else I don't want psychotics, criminals or terrorists walking into Houston and killing people. Building a wall is not the solution to the problem.

Something else to think about: when democrats get back in power (and believe me, they will. Nothing lasts forever in politics) do you think they'll let this border wall stand? Of course not. They'll tear it down first chance they get. So you've wasted billions of dollars with nothing to show. 

To paraphrase James Callaghan, former Prime Minster of the UK, Conservatives being in favor of this wall are like turkeys being in favor of an early Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment