Sunday, May 21, 2017

Scripture Sunday Enos 1:8

When I read this passage I think of doubting Thomas, the legendary apostle who demanded to see before he believed. It might be shocking, but I've always admired him and really emphasized with him. Like him, I prefer evidence first than belief second.

This passage seems to reiterate what the Savior said to him. "Blessed are those who see and don't believe." Instead of saying that this passage instead says "because of thy faith in Christ which thou has not seen....they faith has made thee whole." (yes, I skipped a bit). Both passages (this one) and the doubting Thomas one are not my favorite. I've always thought it was easy to tell people to "hope and believe in things you haven't seen" when you yourself, have seen them. It's easy for Christ to tell me to have faith in Him. After all, He is Christ. He knows who He is.

Faith is not easy for some of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment