Friday, May 12, 2017

Album of the weekend

Danger Danger-Danger Danger

This might be the most pop-orientated hair metal album I've ever heard. Like so many other hair bands I've been listening to lately, they never caught on and that's strange. Even though the album is mediocre to me it's very catchy at parts, in particular their greatest hit "Bang Bang." I found myself singing it several times afterwards and I hate myself for liking it. This band reminds me of bands not edgy enough for Rolling Stone magazine and they'd be all over the cover of Tiger Beat instead. Sort of like a glam rock band without the really raunchy lyrics of Kiss or the "I'm going to kick your ass" lifestyle of Motley Crue.

So is the album good? Actually no, not really. Some hair bands are victims of the time period they were in (Firehouse comes to mind. Much too late on the scene), some are victims of not being very good (Winger) and some are a bit of both. Danger Danger opened for Kiss but they never did much else in their career. This album is medociore at best but if you want extremely sanitized and radio friendly "rock" (think of rock played on NBC Saturday morning shows like "California Dreams") this might be for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment