Monday, May 1, 2017

A former professional wrestler is missing

Sean Waltman, a former professional wrestler also known as X-Pac, Syxx, and the 1-2-3 Kid has (of this writing) apparently gone missing. He's a skinny guy, like I am. As a kid he was one of my favorite wrestlers because we had the same build. He was the smallest wrestler I had seen at that time and he was always in the ring with guys much bigger than himself. I could relate, to some degree. I was always the smallest guy in class, for sure.

He's had a long history of drug issues, relationship drama and other troubling problems in his life. I get that in the end, his behavior is his own fault and needs to be accountable.

That doesn't mean I can't pray for him. I do. Wrestling is not fake, it is scripted and there is a huge, huge difference between the two. It's a hard life for the wrestlers and it was much harder back in the 90's. More travel, less contact with the fans, a more closed off life in general-all sorts of problems. Here's hoping and praying that he gets found soon.

*Update-It's Tuesday, and I just found out that Waltman was apparently arrested for trying to smuggle meth and weed. Yes, he was wrong, but I hope he gets the help he needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment