Sunday, May 28, 2017

Scripture Sunday Jarom 1:10-12

Forgot about the Book of Jarom? Don't worry, most of us have. I think in my entire time in the church, I've only heard one person comment or even refernce it. Chill my fellow LDS, it's not an insult to us or the church. I think I'm onto something though. It's not really a vastly popular chapter in the book of Mormon.

But even though it's short, it's still insightful in passages.

The prophets of old days tell the people some bad news in this passage. The prophets labor day and night to tell the people to repent and believe in the the Messiah. Luckily, the people seem to get the drift and this time, they choose the right. Part of being a prophet of God is to tell the good news, and the bad. In our society today no one wants to hear that they might be on the wrong track, but sometimes a prophet tells you not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Same goes for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment