Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Thomas Monson health "update"

Church president Thomas Monson will no longer attend regular church meetings.

This isn't a health update of course, but it's not a good sign. It's sad when we see a reminder that we will all get old one day. Watching our prophet suffer from some mental and physical decline is not a pleasant experience. From the public side, it looks like he has handled it with as much grace and class as you can expect. Sure, he doesn't run marathons every day and he might have lost a bit of fire-but he's still the prophet and will continue to be until God decides it's time.

1 comment:

  1. For me, it's a reminder that this life is only a short stint in our lives. the hymn 'o my father' says it well:

    For a wise and glorious purpose
    Thou hast placed me here on earth
    And withheld the recollection
    Of my former friends and birth;
    Yet ofttimes a secret something
    Whispered, "You're a stranger here,"
    And I felt that I had wandered
    From a more exalted sphere

    ReplyDelete