Monday, January 25, 2016

"Shameful" posts

During the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman fiasco, I mentioned something like "The right verdict was reached." No, that doesn't mean I like the outcome, but we still live in a society of law and order and even scumbags have rights. I said the same thing about the Casey Anthony trial as well. Just beause the verdict was correct doesn't mean it was enjoyable. 

Anyway, a "friend" of mine said "Shameful post. Wake up Tim" I tried desperetly to get him to talk to me about why he thought my view was "shameful" or why he thought I should "wake up". But it was like trying to reason with a fish. He was convinced he was right and no one could tell him otherwise. He didn't need to discuss anything with me because in his mind, he had the high ground. So why bother arguing with a scumbag like me? 

It's sad when people get their morality from politics. It's a wonderful way to delude yourself, actually. If you think the other side is not just misguided or wrong, but evil-than congratulations. You are part of what is wrong with this world today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment