Saturday, January 2, 2016

Cursing

Upfront-yes, I curse. I try not too, but I do. Never in front of women and children. Yes, it's a nasty habit and I try not too. I don't do it on Facebook nor in public. 

But I do curse sometimes. Usually when I'm playing video games, watching my favorite sports teams, or sometimes when I'm with my male friends. I don't divulge in graphic sexual talk-I found that insulting before I was LDS. It's just part of being a gentlemen. 

You know what really bothers me more than people who curse? Those who act like it's on par with murder or adultery. While sin is sin, it's not equal. No, jaywalking isn't the same as stabbing a man in a bar fight. Cursing isn't the same as adultery either. I've seen religious people who have gotten divorced multiple times (just using it as an example, again, we all sin and yes, divorce can be a sin) ignore their own failings and flip over someone saying "Hell" or "Damn". 

You shouldn't judge someone because they sin differently. We're all flawed. CS Lewis again, said it best. "Being a cold, self righteous prig (English word for "moralistic jerk") is worse than being a prostitute." 

No comments:

Post a Comment