Thursday, February 1, 2018

Emotional support peacocks

Well just last week I posted that I had a problem with fake support dogs,and now it's coming out that some lady tried to get on a plane with her emotional support peacock. I'll give her points for boldness. I'm certain that virtually no one here has ever heard of an emotional support peacock before.

If it's your thing, fine. If you want to walk around with any kind of animal you'd like, that's your business. If you want an emotional support black bear, that's fine too. It's like a familiar that a mage has in Dungeons and Dragons. The bad news though? Not everyone has to support your emotional problems. Just your pet and family, and even they might have limits. People on a plane shouldn't have to deal with a peacock running around the 747, especially when businesspeople have work to do, moms and dads coming home from vacation have to unwind, and the dude in aisle 7 wants to sleep off his rough weekend in Las Vegas. Your emotional problems are sad, and sometimes they might even be legit-but if your emotional problems don't have the right to effect everyone else.

I've got a little sympathy for this person but I think United did the right thing by taking a stand. I'm sure they'll get the SJW set upset, and I'm sure they'll get sued-but they did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment