Friday, February 16, 2018

Album of the Weekend

Smashing Pumpkins -Siamese Dream

Is it just me, or the Smashing Pumpkins have such a unique sound that you think people either love them or hate them? I'm a big fan and this album is another one of my personal favorites (yes, I have many favorites) but from what I've seen online people really don't like them. Perhaps like the Grateful Dead, it's a cult taste that not everyone has.

This album isn't as good as their double album classic, "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness", but it's still good if you overall like the sound of the Smashing Pumpkins. It's hard to classify them-are they rock? Are they metal? They have the sound of both styles, but it's certainly best to qualify them as "alternative"-a mix of both genres. I recommend this a lot, because everyone has a different music taste, but yes, you might want to listen to a few of these songs on Youtube before you purchase the entire album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment