Sunday, February 18, 2018

Scripture Sunday Moses 7:28-41

With the latest news in the world about another school shooting,we often wonder why God allows this to happen. Logically it is, of course, easy to say that He allows evil to happen for perhaps the short term, but there is no peace and tranquility in that belief. I often wonder what He feels like when such a horror is committed, and I think this scripture really shows how he feels.

In the beginning after seeing God weep Enoch asks, "How is it that the Heavens weep,and shed forth tears as rain upon the Mountains?"God eventually answers, "And unto they brethren have I said, and also given commandment that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father, but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood."

Like us, hatred of our fellow man makes Him weep as well. My prayers are with all victims of mass shootings at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment