Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fake support dogs

Yes, this one is a major issue for me. Bad pit bull owners make all of us and the breed look bad, so I'm more angry at them than I am at some idiot who doesn't own a dog who babbles about how bad pit bulls are. When you have an "emotional support dog" that hasn't been properly trained it makes all dog owners look bad. Worse, it makes people who have legit medical concerns and seriously need an emotional support dog look like frauds.

The people with real diseases try to have as little special treatment as possible. They want to be treated like normal. The people with made up diseases (like your aunt who bitches about her vague fatigue disorder when in reality she just wants attention) want special treatment. The lady with PTSD from three tours in Iraq deserves a properly trained support dog and frankly, I have no problem with the government paying for it for her. It's people like her who suffer the most from liars and frauds who just want to bring their dog along with them wherever they go.

I'm a big dog guy. In my 16 years after college I've always owned a dog. I can't imagine my life without one. People who mistreat dogs make me sick-but that doesn't mean I'm naive and don't see that there are people abusing the system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment