Monday, August 21, 2017

The book is better

I've already mentioned how I feel about Stephen King. Sure, I'm in the minority of huge horror fans who dislike him, but it's out there. Here is a link to the original blog.  He's obviously extremely popular and his popularity shows because there are two more movies coming out based on his works. The remake of "It"(which I've also talked about) and one based on his "Dark Tower" series. I haven't read the Dark Tower series.

Apparently the Dark Tower movie isn't getting great reviews. Some of the reviewers are saying that it's a very difficult series to translate to film. I can see why-most of his books are foolishly long. They were turned into bad mini-series in the 90's (I highly suggest watching the Nostalgia Critic videos based on them) and now they are turning into bad movies.

I heard someone say that the "books are better". That saying drives me crazy. In 2017, this should be so well known and so accepted that it hardly needs to be discussed. It's like saying "Don't run naked into a bonfire". If you need to be told that the "book is better" or running naked into a bonfire isn't a good idea, you probably aren't ready to listen to the advice in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment