Monday, August 14, 2017

Charlottesville

I don't know any racist people. None of my friends make jokes based on race. Religion is another matter. My friends do make jokes based on our religious beliefs. If one person was too sensitive or too much of a baby to joke around, we probably wouldn't be friends with them in the first place, but we'd probably not joke them. 

I think that the alt-right racists compose .000000001% of the population. They are, of course, gravely evil and worthy of our disdain. I do think that 99% of the population of America would strongly condemn these idiots, and based on what I am seeing on social media, it's like that. The majority of people in America are not racist, or if they are-they need to keep it very quiet. Based on the outcry that this incident has erupted one could easily argue that we live in a country where racism is quickly condemned by virtually everyone. 

Yes, Trump disappointed us again by not condemning them by name. At this point, nothing surprises me anymore with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment