Thursday, August 17, 2017

LDS white pride blogger

There is a girl out there in the blogosphere that claims to be LDS and also claims to be an advocate of "white culture." Her name is "Ayla Stewart" and I don't care about the name of her blog. You shouldn't either, she doesn't need more attention. Needless to say, she's either a lunatic, misguided, or evil. Maybe all three. I can't read her mind so I can't tell you which she is.

One thing I can tell you though-she does not represent what the mainstream LDS church thinks anymore than the delusional polygamy groups do. I have to admit, the LDS church does not have a perfect history when it comes to race and no, the mistakes the church made can not be swept under the rug. Thankfully though, our leadership has tried to go the extra mile to condemn racism and, in a fit of wonderful bravery-to condemn white supremacist groups.  I'm very proud that the members of the church have stepped up to the plate in this case. She needs to be told that her behavior is totally out of line.

Oh sure, she has the right to say whatever she wants to. After all, free speech isn't for ideas that you agree with. However the church, and I also have free speech, and we can say that this girl is out of her goddamn mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment