Monday, August 28, 2017

Social Distortion concert

So, I was away this weekend and didn't bring my computer with me to blog. For the one person who reads my blog regularly-sorry to disappoint you.   I went to go see Social Distortion at the House of Blues in Orlando Friday night then spent the weekend going to the parks.

Ever since the death of Lemmy from Motorhead and Chris Cornell from Soundgarden I've put more energy into seeing bands of all types. It's a cliche to say this and I apologize upfront, but yes, we never know what can happen and people can be gone in the blink of an eye. I get it, it is how life works. No one knows for sure when our time is up. I've never been to the House of Blues before in Orlando but I was stunned about how crowded the show was. Totally sold out and standing room only. 

It's a sign of my advancing age but I was also surprised about how irritated I was at the idiots mashing down below. Social Distortion isn't really a "moshing" type of band and even their lead singer, Mike Ness, seemed confused and irritated by the actions of a few idiots. Fifteen years ago I would have been right there of course-but now I thought they were obnoxious and like Otto says in The Simpsons episode, ruining it for everyone. Thankfully nothing bad happened and the concert was truly fantastic. Social Distortion didn't miss a note and they played a wonderful mix of both older songs and stuff off their newer albums. It was a fantastic show and the start to a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment