Monday, January 21, 2019

More thoughts on Gillette

Like I mentioned in my previous post, this will help Gillette in the long run.  A good way to attract business is to do something that grabs attention. Gillette has done that brilliantly. They've played both sides of the argument like children.The right will whine and complain-thus giving Gillette more attention. The left will flock to Gillette to buy their products, just like how some left wingers buy Ben and Jerrys and Nike just to show how woke they are. Gillette will win while both sides become further split.

One more thing to remember: Gillette hasn't always been so gentle and sensitive. I'm not going to post the pictures here, but there have been times that :: gasp :: Gillette has shown women in skin tight clothing with the word "Gillette" in fairly unique places.  That'll be conveniently dismissed/forgotten now that Gillette has joined the right side of belief in 2019.

1 comment:

  1. I've been boycotting Gilette for years on account of their prices. Dollar Shave Club ftw!

    This was absolutely 100% a business decision, just like the Nike ad. I've actually seen some liberals bring this up like it's a bad thing (that evil company is trying to make money!). I've also seen plenty of what-aboutisms from both sides. Personally, I give them props for tackling a serious issue in our society, even if their reasons were business-motivated. It's got people talking about how we can be and raise better men, and what non-toxic masculinity looks like. Because masculinity itself isn't bad. Gilette never said that it is. Just that there is a toxic version of it that is a significant problem in our culture. There's also toxic forms of feminism, but it's less saturated in our society, and women are generally more willing to call BS on other women than men are with other men.

    Sorry, this got longer than I intended. I get rambly when I drink.

    ReplyDelete