Friday, January 25, 2019

Album of the weekend

Buckethead-Polar Trench

Music is subjective. Just because I don't like or like a certain artist doesn't mean that I think everyone should share my opinion. I can appreciate talent, and to some extent I have great respect for anyone who can make a living off their artwork-whether it be paintings, movies, or music. In our thin skinned culture, I'm not sure people share my opinion. I've seen many people get offended when you state an opinion about art that they don't personally share.

Buckethead is amazingly talented. No question one of the best guitarists out there. His music puts me to sleep and while I appreciate it, it's not my thing and no, I don't like this album. The amazing Roger Ebert said that it's never a good sign when you check your watch during a movie. It's also not a good sign when you notice the song has bene playing for two minutes and you think it's been playing for much longer. That sums up how I feel about this album. It goes on for much longer than you think it does. Which wouldn't be bad if you enjoy the music, but it's not particularly pleasant when you do not enjoy it..

No comments:

Post a Comment