Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bird Box challenge

I haven't seen the movie and shockingly, I don't have a Netflix subscription. Sorry, just not much of a movie person. So if I'm way off, I apologize. But apparently someone got into a car accident while trying to drive blindfolded. I wish I was making this up, but I'm not. It's so ridiculous that I thought it was fake news at first. Sadly, it is a real story.

What do you say about this?

If you want to blindfold yourself and walk around aimlessly, go ahead. It's a free country and if you are looking for ways to put your life at risk, you should be free to do so. However driving a car blindfolded puts all of us at risk, including your own loved ones. This girl should get serious jail time. Not for being stupid, but for being so unbelievably irresponsible.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right. The problem is that as a society, we have gotten confused as to what freedom is. We forget that just as we might be free to do something stupid, with that freedom comes consequences. Sometimes, I think that people believe that freedom also somehow means that they are free of the consequences of their choices.

    ReplyDelete