Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Government shut down

Longtime readers (both of them) will know that I'm a libertarian who thinks government needs to be drastically shrunk down. I'd start with the department of education and work my way down from there. Sure, it's a dream world and no, I don't see it happening anytime soon. The bureaucracy is too bloated and sadly, too powerful to just be shut down and no, there is no way it'll chipped away at until it's totally abolished. So right now, all I can do is dream.

Setting aside my personal distaste for the idea of building a massive government project that the border wall will be, I don't have terrible sympathy for employees not getting paid during this government shut down. I feel sorry for their families, but I feel more sorry for people buried in red tape and being pushed around by government bureaucrats, which does happen all too often, sadly. 

Trump is a very polarizing figure. He has done many things that I agree with, but right now the enemy of my enemy is a friend, and I hope his shut down continues to last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment