Thursday, January 31, 2019

Dwarf-Tossing

Apparently Dwarf-Tossing was a thing people did back in the 90's. I guess I missed that trend. I had better things to do with my time back then-like play video games and go to concerts. It's been banned in many states, including my own, Florida. At first, it seems like a good idea to ban this. After all, it's dehumanizing and disgusting.

However, what I think is dehumanizing and repulsive isn't what should be banned. I'm incredibly uncomfortable with this activity, but I'm also uncomfortable with the government forbidding it. If a little person wants to make money with their body by doing this, you have no right to tell them not to. Part of freedom is making choices that you personally don't approve of, and you don't have to approve of them. However, you have no right to stop someone else from doing something that harms themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment