Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Manny Pacquiao fight

Manny, at age 40, won his fight on Saturday night against Adrien Broner. I didn't watch the fight-I'm not going to watch the remains of Manny fight anymore and I've always thought Broner was overrated-so I can't actually critique how he did. After the fight apparently he called out Floyd Mayweather to see if there was any interest in a second battle between the two aging champions.

Let me spoil it for Manny: No one wants to see that fight happen.

The first fight was incredibly boring and there is widespread agreement that it didn't live up to the hype. They charged one hundred dollars for it and there universal outrage that the fight didn't live up to it's cost. That's partially the fault of the people who bought the fight-even back in 2015 (!) both men were a little past their prime and the boxing hardcore fans should have known that the fight wouldn't live up to it's hype. I feel more sorry for the casual fans who bought the match without knowing the circumstances behind it.

Mayweather-Pacquiao II will never happen, and thank God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment