Monday, July 30, 2018

Sam Young is beginning a hunger strike for LDS kids.

Sam Young, an LDS activist is going on a hunger strike in order to "demand" that LDS leaders change how leadership interviews children. 

First off, I think Sam Young is a very compassionate and noble guy. I admire his intentions. From what I've read he's still an active member of the church and I admire that too. Change from within is often times more successful than outside forces demanding "change".

A hunger strike is a great way to get attention for your cause. However, you have to be really determined. If you quit after two days (and no, I'm not saying Sam Young will do that) you'll seem like you are doing it for personal attention instead of attention for your cause. Bobby Sands died during a hunger strike and I seriously hope Sam Young doesn't.

Praying for a quick resolution for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment