Saturday, July 28, 2018

Jail time for plastic straws?

In the "only in California" news section, a city has approved jail time for using plastic straws. I wish I was making this up, and I pray I'm not right. In fact, this is one time where I hope I'm wrong and that this is truly "fake news". According to my research (granted not much of it) it seems like this is true.

Jail time. For serving a drink with plastic straws. Read that over again please. Several times.

Like many things that claim to "save the environment" banning plastic straws is relatively useless and more of a pain in the ass to people, but it makes environmentalists feel good about themselves, and like we all know, that's all that matters.

We have problem with our jail population. It's way too easy to go to jail in America. Useless drag laws are the main culprit, but environmentalists demanding jail time for things like this is also a major concern. This law is absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment