Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Brewers pitcher under fire

A Milwaukee Brewers pitcher is under fire right now for some Tweets he made as a younger man. The Brewers fans gave him a standing ovation in his first time back after the All Star Game.

While I don't condone the Tweets, I'm assuring you that if I looked at everything you've posted on social media I could make you out to a bad person too. He was young and foolish, and while that doesn't mean he was right to say what he did, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Like many other people I'm increasingly concerned about how easy people get offended these days. He was a kid when he made these stupid comments and they shouldn't even be addressed.

We live in a "gotcha" society nowadays. Anything you do will be critiqued, and at times the judgments can be incredibly unfair. Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes of the past and he can begin to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment