Sunday, May 13, 2018

Scripture Sunday Alma 37:37

Believers in God wonder sometimes how we can speak to Him. The obvious answer is prayer, and in this passage, it reminds us to"Counsel in the Lord with all they things". I have yet to meet an active LDS who doesn't pray. A lot. While I don't want to say that all active LDS pray every day, the majority (including myself) at least try to. We might pray at night, in hopes that He, "watches over us while sleep" and when we "rise in the morning." 

This passage touches on an interesting thought. It tells us to pray "In the morning and let they heart be full of thanks unto God." Many people only pray when they want something or when things are going awful in life. I understand that of course, I've done the same, but I do try to pray now and then prayers of gratitude. Just a prayer to God to let him know things are going well in my life and I'm thankful for all of my blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment