Thursday, May 17, 2018

Atari VCS

Well, it's been leaked that the new Atari console will come with a few classic built in games. At first, I was pumped. After all, I love my Atari Flashback and the Activision Anthology games for the PS2/PS1 generation are among my favorites. However, there has been some troubling developments that really make me reconsider how excited I am for the release of the system.

Rumors are that it's going to be two hundred dollars. Which is a lot of money for some of us. Usually when I make a purchase like that, I go back and forth, trying to justify spending all that money. It better be worth it and it better be something I'll be using a lot. I can understand the price if the games released are going to be stunning....but Atari hasn't shown us anything that make me think the games will be stunning.

In particular, because you can most of the games already on much cheaper platforms. If I have to choose between old school PS 1 games I already have-like the Activision Anthology Ps1 game or an Atari Flashback console for 40$ and then spend 200$ on a new console, what are the majority of us going to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment