Monday, May 14, 2018

Arizona woman accused of stalking...

An Arizona woman was accused of sending 65,000 texts to a man she met online and dated just once.  She was arrested, and from jail she posted a video explaining her actions. It's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.  Watching it you will see the horrors of untreated mental illness. No, this isn't me making a joke on her behalf-we'll get to that in a minute.

I'm becoming a snowflake in my old age, because I find the jokes about her mental state to be offensive. I'm not going to repeat them, because I find them so tasteless. Straight up, I feel sorry for the guy and yes, I think he dodged a major bullet by having her arrested before she could inflict any major damage on him. Mentally ill or not, no one has the right to hurt others.

This woman is a danger to others, and she's also a danger to herself. In the internet era we forget that these are real people, with real thoughts, dreams, and sicknesses. This is mental illness in the purest and most untreated form, and it's not only disturbing to see, it's also heartbreaking. It is my prayer and hope that this woman gets the treatment she desperately needs-and that treatment isn't jail. She belongs in a hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment