Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Church dropping Boy Scouts

In a divorce we all saw coming, it's now official. The LDS church has severed the bond they had with scouting.  The church would never do this when Thomas Monson was alive, and now that he has passed on, the break has finally occurred.

To be honest, you didn't need to be a prophet (pun intended) to see this coming. When the church allowed gays and girls to join it's ranks (and by the way, I have no problem with either joining the scouts) the church felt like it had no choice but to move on and create their own program.

I was never a Scout, so I don't really care about this. The week I spent at summer camp was among the worst weeks of my life and I've never camped since. In fact, the idea of camping is repulsive to me. This break is sad to many people, but I am not one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment