Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The ESPN double standard

It seems like I'm blogging about ESPN every day now. I can't help it, every week they provide such a wonderful indicator of the media double standard. Now, a broadcaster named Jemele Hill got herself into some hot water by tweeting out that Donald Trump is a racist, a white supremacist, and that his supporters are basically the same thing. Charming, huh? I guess the African-American, Hispanics, and Asian people who voted for him are also white supremacists. Odd.

ESPN slapped her on the wrist, only responding that her Tweet was inappropriate and she's been spoken to about it. ESPN is also not going to let her have seconds on dessert either.

I know that if a conservative broadcaster said something about Obama or Hillary Clinton, ESPN would do the same thing of course. Lightly admonish them while doing absolutely nothing else. That's what they did to Curt Schilling after all. Oh wait. I'm sorry. I think we all know that if ESPN has anyone on their staff that voted for Trump (which they don't) their career would be basically over.

The double standard shows up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment