Tuesday, September 5, 2017

School is back

It's back to school time for everyone down here. It's my sincere prayer that people of all ages going to back to school at any level have a wonderful year. We all focus on the positives and the good feelings that a new school year can bring us, but lets also remember that a lot of young people are dreading this-not just because summer is over, but because school is so miserable for them.

High school and Elementary school can be wonderful for some people, but it's can be horrific for a lot of us.  Growing up is not easy, and you are placed in an environment that doesn't allow a lot of freedom. Your surroundings are very small sometimes and if you don't get along with your classmates, finding friends can be difficult too. It may seem never-ending, but thank God it does pass.

For many of us, college was our salvation. It's been my observation that people who had miserable junior high/high school years generally have good college years-and the opposite is true too. Those who had good high school years might struggle in college. Yes, it's a generality and yes, it's just my opinion. It's based in my experience and what I've seen.

College was not a perfect time for me-I was kindly asked to leave my first college and I suffered through roommate drama and other problems here or there. In the end, it all balanced out. My second college was a wonderful experience and one of the best times of my life. You can argue that it was the natural process of maturing-but you can also argue that the environments in college are much more open and free, while also being much bigger. The larger the community the more likely you are to find people with the same interests and personalities, thus making friendships easier.

If you are going back to school and you love it-hope it all keeps going great for you. If you are struggling and want it just to be over soon-don't worry, eventually it will be and quicker than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment