Friday, September 22, 2017

Album of the weekend

Disturbed-The Sickness

You ever have a band where you only like one album of theirs, but that one album you really love? I don't love this album, but I do really like it. Every other album of theirs I'm not a fan of but this album does have several good songs on it. The best songs on this album are the most popular ones, like Stupify, Down with the Sickness, The Game and Voices. Even their version of Shout originally done by Tears for Fears is also worth the download.

I've always thought that Dave Draiman (the lead singer) takes himself a bit too seriously. I saw him live with his band Device and it was like he was channeling his inner Henry Rollins. His level of intensity does come through on this album, so this isn't really one that you want to listen to if you are trying to unwind and relax. For road trips and workouts though-this might be your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment