Friday, September 8, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Kiss-Love Gun

I already mentioned Destroyer for one of my other albums of the weekend. Click here. Destroyer was where many fans think they changed their style, so I'm going to talk about another album now. 

If you think you don't like Kiss, try this album. I would argue that this album sounds among the heaviest in their entire canon, aside from Creatures of the Night. This is controversial, but I truly believe that Kiss has influenced heavy metal.  Some of the guitar solos that Freely and Paul Stanley have in this album sound quite metal like. It's not like classic British metal-it's shorter, louder, and still great. 

"I Stole Your Love" is the best opening track off any Kiss album and it's the best Kiss song no one knows about. They don't preform it live much, and that's a shame. I've seen them live several times and so far, no luck. 

There are so, so many good songs on this album, but yes, I agree with everyone else that "Love Gun" is the crowning jewel. Instead of "I Stole Your Love", "Love Gun" is a staple at their shows and it is classic Paul Stanley. Even if you take away from the over the top style of the song, it's still one of their best. One of the highlights of my concert going life is when I was about five feet from Paul Stanley when he preformed this in Boston. It was a religious experience. 

Hated by critics but loved by their fans, Love Gun is a special treat. I just flat out adore this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment