Friday, April 21, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Agnostic Front-Cause for Alarm

Agnostic Front is a fantastic hardcore band from New York City. Listening to their songs gives me this strong desire to put on my street gang hat from the classic film "The Warriors" and beat people up on my way through New York City. I'm kidding of course. If you are overly aggressive and like getting into fights, 1) that's a horrible way to live your life and 2) eventually you'll pick a fight with the wrong person and get your ass severely kicked, or worse. Back to music.

Great album, fantastic really. This is a merger of punk and metal. While I'm not an expert I think it might be among the first of it's kind. It's also an album for free thinkers. The song "Public Assistance" is a slap in the face to people who think welfare should be a career option. How is that for punk? "Your Mistake" and "Out for Blood' are also great songs.

I don't want to say Agnostic Front is an obscure band, but they are certainly much more influential than they are well known.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of Agnostic Front. I saw them live a couple years ago and they still put on a great show after all these years.

    ReplyDelete