Friday, April 28, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Neil Young-Harvest

I've had a mellow week where not much happened. That's a good thing sometimes-you don't want to live life in the fast lane where you are constantly dodging bullets (metaphorical or literal). Sometimes it's important and even necessary to have a few days of continuous peace. So I found an album that really fits my mood.

I like Neil Young. He's the godfather of grunge and sort of like a Bob Dylan without the poetic genius or cutting edge social commentary. Neil Young is certainly a crusader for his causes, but he is no Bob Dylan, especially at this point in his career. Harvest is not a typical album that I'd enjoy. It's way too laid back. However, I really like this album. "Heart of Gold", "Old Man" and "A Man Needs a Maid" are all beautiful songs. While I couldn't see myself listening to his work for a prolonged period of time, "Harvest" is a welcome break.


No comments:

Post a Comment