Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Brad and Angelina

No, I don't like people who obsess about celebrities either. Of course there are other things to discuss and think about and of course people who only talk about the latest Hollywood news are boring and superficial. It's not my number one topic of discussion either.

But guess what? Arrogantly looking down on those dirty people who :: gasp :: like celebrity gossip is obnoxious. In fact, it might be the only thing more obnoxious than people who talk about celebrities all the time. It's like Nicklback. Yes, Nickleback is pretty bad and a band I don't like either. But one of the quickest ways to show how cool you are and to show how much you know about music is to say "Nickleback sucks." Guess what? We know this. Imagine someone saying "The paintings of Monet are beautiful." and expecting all of us to be surprised.  When you say "Oh, people who are interested in celebrities are fools." Guess what? We sort of know this too.

The other issue with people who say this is that they are trying to get their self worth by showing how much smarter they are than those idiots who have a different interest than they do. Maybe they don't have the ability to be introspective but they might have boring interests and hobbies too. I've seen people who post about sports 24/7 (and I am a big sports fan) take shots at people who follow celebrities.

In other words, we are all individuals and we all have hobbies that someone else might find boring.  The wonderful show "Tattoo Nightmares" taught me a very important lesson. An artist on the show said "I don't know how getting a dead parakeet (tattoo)will honor your parents, but then again he might think some of my tattoos are weird."

I don't get how someone can obsesses over a celebrity but then again someone might think some of my hobbies are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment