Thursday, April 7, 2016

Paypal leaving North Carolina

While I'm not socially liberal, I'm not socially conservative either. I think abortion should be legal in some circumstances, I think homosexuality is natural and that gay marriage is a-ok. I also think creationism should not be taught in public schools. Sure, none of that makes me a radical. But for a LDS in good standing who truly believes that the Book of Mormon is scripture-those aren't normal views. 

But Paypal leaving North Carolina because of the religious freedom law is absolutely absurd to me. Will they still do business in Saudi Arabia? What about Russia? Both countries have virtually zero tolerance for homosexuality. I think it's still punishable by death in Saudi Arabia. 

Other than Paypal, there are several other big businesses that said they wouldn't do business in those states that have religious freedom laws. New York has apparently banned "non-essential" travel to those states. 

Oddly, I don't see the governors of Mississippi or North Carolina banning non essential travel to New York or Minnesota. 

Tolerance should go both ways. If I have to be tolerant of your lifestyle-than you should be tolerant of mine as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment