Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams and Mississippi

I've already talked about my thoughts on Paypal and North Carolina. I hope this isn't more of the same, but it's on my mind as well.  It's slightly different, in my view. Paypal is a hypocritical business and Bruce and Bryan are arrogant "celebrities". So I hope I don't plagiarize myself. 

Bruce Springsteen is still an A-lister and can still draw in a crowd. Bryan Adams might still have fans, but he's hardly at the Springsteen level. Both men are more talented than me, for the record-but that's not saying much.

We all know Bruce is a regular guy. He wears blue jeans, t shirts, flies on private jets, sends his kids to an elite private school,  and regularly demands things on his rider that most blue collar guys could surely afford. 

He has every right to his views and opinions-and so do I. 

Bruce is trying to appear cool and hip. He doesn't want to be associated with the blue collar people he apparently likes because he looks down on them and their views. He doesn't have to worry about his own daughter being assaulted in the bathroom because she doesn't need to use the public bathrooms with the dirty commoners.  

Springsteen is too arrogant to realize that he's hurting his fans who pay a lot of money to see him. I'm sure he has some transgender fans. He's hurting them too. Being transgender is fine, and I'm sure most transgender people like to relax and have fun. Maybe they relax by going to concerts, which they can't do now because Springsteen is trying to appear noble. Did I expect different behavior from Springsteen? Of course not. He's always been totally out of touch with his fans. 

I do apologize for blogging about the NC laws twice in a week, but it's a hot button issue with interesting storylines. 

Notice I didn't say much about Bryan Adams. To be honest, I think very few people even remember him until this concert news. He can't afford to alienate anyone and should count himself damn lucky that people still want to go to his shows. 

2 comments:

  1. I am lds and Bruce Springsteen is the most tuned into his fans,than any rock star could hope to.
    And speaking of hope the place I ftind it besides the scriptures is listening to Springsteen. I totally disagree with you. If anyone seems arrogant you're the one,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I'm very happy you find enjoyment and fulfillment in his music. Remember that music is totally subjective, and not all of us will agree. I'm sorry you find me arrogant.

      Thank you for reading! And commenting!

      Delete