Monday, April 4, 2016

Grammar Nazis

Ahh, the grammar Nazis. 

You know the type. The kind that spend their time on social media correcting grammar, spelling, and basically attempting to show the world how smart they are and how stupid you are.

Making mistakes in grammar and spelling is common and everyone does it-from Ph.D's in English to high school drop outs. There are also words that some of us have always had trouble with. For me it's "your" and "you are". 

My major in college was English, but because I :: gasp :: sometimes use the wrong version of "your" or "you are" people are quick to point it out. "You majored in English? You made a grammar mistake?!" Yes. There are also books that you've read that I haven't, too. 

When I see a photographer take a bad picture or a math major come to the wrong conclusion in a math problem-I don't say anything. I know people are human are make mistakes, but the bigger thing is I don't try to be obnoxious by pointing them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment