Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bad tattoo ideas

"If you want a tattoo, wait a year. If you still want it, go get it"-Axl Rose. A rare good idea from him. 

Your boyfriend/girlfriends name-It's not a good idea to get someones name on your body, unless it's your own child, parent, or grandparent, etc. What about your spouse? I'm vehemently anti-divorce. I think it's a horrible thing that should be avoided at all costs. Depends on how secure you are with your spouse though. As good as things are now with your husband, you really don't know how things will be in two years. Do I speak from personal experience? Have I ever gotten the tattoo in honor of someone whom I no longer even like? I'll never tell. 

The new trendy style-Whatever it is. I love the trash polka style and think it's truly great and innovative artwork. Will I feel that way in ten years? Hopefully-after all I'm pretty sure in my art tastes, but I may not. I'd rather get a trash polka painting, wait ten years-and then go from there. 

Any tattoo on your face-listen carefully to this one. I love tattoos. I love the culture, I love the artwork, I love the artists themselves. In a world of mindless conformity, tattoo artists are the last ones who truly represent individuality and freedom. Tattoos are like guide marks on your body-each one should tell a story that represents you. All that said, not everyone agrees with me. Some people still think tattoos are thuggish, trashy, disgusting, and nasty. It should be very clear that I disagree with them, but a sign of maturity is accepting that not everyone sees the world like you do. Therefore, if you want to get a tattoo on your face, make damn sure you know what you are doing and know the consequences. Many artists still refuse to do the face. I have the drawing ability of a person with no arms or legs-in other words, I can't draw anything-but if I could, I wouldn't tattoo the face either. 

Presidential candidates/political heroes-With this one, and like a lot of other tattoos-just be careful. What you believe at 20 may not be what you believe at 36. It happened to me. If you asked me at 20 if I would be an LDS at 34, I would have laughed at you. Politically my views have moderated slightly too. So while this isn't a bad idea per se, just be prepared that people generally change their views as they get older. Well, smart people do. If you think the same on every issue at 40 as you did at 20, you've wasted twenty years. 

Swear words-Like I mentioned before, I do not have the mouth of a good little LDS boy. With apologies to my current bishop, I can curse like a drunken sailor who slammed his finger with a hammer. That's a long way of getting the f-word tattooed on your knuckles. You might think you are "sticking it to the man" or "being an outsider" but this is a sure fire way to tell the world that you are an angry little potential homicidal maniac. Good luck getting a job too with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment