Friday, April 8, 2016

Album of the weekend

Bush-Sixteen Stone

Some bands only have one good record in them.  The other albums can't match the brilliance, energy and sound of the first. Some bands stop trying-and some bands do try but just can't do it.

I don't know what happened to Bush.  Their first album that is a classic, on par with Pearl Jam's Ten. Ten was a landmark for grunge, and Sixteen Stone took the ball and ran with it. Sadly, Bush had nothing left after this one. While Pearl Jam has had many, many other great albums-Bush has been in steep decline. Confession: I thought Bush would stay around forever releasing great albums and Pearl Jam would never be heard from again. I think I was wrong about that.

Machinehead is Enter Sandman for the grunge crowd. A song that is instantly recognizable form the beginning. Glycerine is one of the few ballads I actually like-I'm just not a ballad guy. 

This was their masterpiece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment