Sunday, December 16, 2018

Scripture Sunday Jacob 3:2

This is a passage that I don't really agree with. "All those that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God." First off, no one is pure in heart. We are all "sinners in the hands of an angry God." We need to "feast upon His love" simply because we don't deserve it-after all, God is repulsed by our sinful nature. So no, I don't agree with this passage and no, I don't really like it either.

I chose this passage today to prove a point. You don't have to agree with everything in the Book of Mormon or the bible in order to be saved. This passage doesn't effect my belief in Jesus Christ or in him being the Savior-which does effect our salvation. We should not let our disagreements with this or that passage take our eyes off what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment