Friday, December 14, 2018

Album of the Weekend

New York Dolls-New York Dolls

This is one of the greatest debut albums in music history, if not the greatest. Some music historians of the time period consider the New York Dolls to be the greatest rock/punk/glam band of all time and I tend to agree with them. 

There is pre-New York Dolls music and there is a post-New York Dolls music. The style, the lyrical content and of course the music was vastly ahead of it's time and influenced Kiss, the Ramones and virtually every hair band from the late 70's to the early 90's.  Looking back it is amazing to think that they did all that and they only created two albums during their brief time in the 70's. 


I'm stunned I haven't posted this yet as my Album of the weekend, but a search shows that I have not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment