Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Class rings

The secretary in my high school told us once that we would regret losing our class rings. She was wrong. I'm not even sure how I got it, maybe my parents bought it for me- but I lost mine about a month after high school and have never thought about it until about two weeks ago when a friend of mines daughter was going to get hers. 

Look, you should be proud of your education because it takes a lot of hard work. I'm proud of mine. But I think wearing a class ring after you reach a certain age is sort of pathetic. In fact, I think it's like wearing a high school varsity jacket when you are 25 years old. It screams "loser." 

If you really want to remember your high school years, look in your yearbook (I threw those away too. No regrets). If you want to relive your high school years, watch Freaks and Geeks. If you want to get your jewelry fix on-don't wear a class ring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment