Sunday, January 21, 2018

Scripture Sunday Moroni 7:42

Do LDS seem happier than other people? It could be because we have hope, and it could be because we have faith. This passage states that the two (faith and hope) rely on one another. Faith is difficult for all of us if it's honest. Some people claim that faith comes easy to them, and I hope it does- but I often wonder if they fully grasp the entire meaning of the word. "Faith" by definition means not having certainty, and it's not just a choice someone can make. It comes very difficult to many of us. 

So does hope. Hope is also a choice to some degree, and in a world that can be extremely depressing sometimes hope is seen as simplistic. I've seen people who claim to have "faith" dismiss those of us with "hope", thinking it's childish or naive. That doesn't make sense to me, and I wonder how deep the faith is for those people, or if they fully understand how the two are connected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment