Tuesday, January 30, 2018

"Celebrity" Big Brother

First off yes, I admit that I've never heard of many of these celebrities. That doesn't make them D-listers but I think it's safe to say that they are hardly on the A list of Hollywood. If they were, they'd be too busy with their jobs to play Big Brother. I also freely admit that I like and admire some people that you've probably never heard of either, so a lot of who we think is a celebrity does depend on our own personal interests.

But I don't like the concept of this. I love Big Brother, I'm a big fan of the show. In fact, I was watching a previous season on the recent road trip up north I took this past weekend. I like how they choose strangers of all backgrounds and walks of life to participate in the show-not famous people. No other show does this on television with the exception of Survivor. Where else can you see a southerner who works at at tire store be forced to associate with an attorney from the midwest or a lunch lady from Boston?

Reality shows are cheesy, they are fake and manufactured-but that doesn't mean they aren't interesting. I have a sinking feeling that Celebrity Big Brother won't be my cup of tea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment