Thursday, January 11, 2018

Say it ain't so Stan...

Stan Lee has been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct. Say it ain't so Stan. Say it ain't so. Stan Lee will always be one of my idols, flaws and all. While I accept that he surely isn't perfect, I'm hoping and praying that these accusations are false. Original sin affects all humans and while that isn't an excuse for disgusting behavior it is important to remember. I think the "me too" movement has done more good than harm but my grave fear is that it'll turn into a witch hunt.

Stan Lee, like everyone else is innocent till proven guilty . Matt Lauer is no longer innocent until proven guilty because he admitted that he has acted horrifically. Stan Lee is from a different generation but to me, that doesn't justify this kind of behavior. His behavior, if it's true, crosses many lines. It's sad that towards the end of his life he has to deal with this scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment