Wednesday, January 10, 2018

My final thoughts on the New York Times and Thomas Monson

I don't think the bias against Thomas Monson was an anti-LDS thing. It was more an "Anti-Christan" thing. When Billy Graham passes away or when Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI dies, I'm virtually assuring you they'll talk about Grahams aversion to gay marriage or the Catholic priest scandal that Benedict didn't deal with. Oddly, when an Islamic scholar passes away there will be nothing but praise for him-poltical correctness trumps everything in elite circles, and any critique of Islam is forbidden.

That doesn't mean that I expected a glowing obituary for President Monson from the New York Times. Respect doesn't mean "worship" and no man, not even Thomas Monson deserves to be worshipped. I'm one hundred percent confident that Thomas Monson himself would agree with that. In fact, he probably just wants the entire thing to go away and for us to move on.

So I will move on. I'll let Thomas Monson rest in peace, and all of us should as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment