Saturday, January 27, 2018

Maura Murray disappearance

At last count, there are 12,566,883 blogs/Reddit posts/web pages and theories about what happened to this poor girl. I come from NH, and I vaguely remember the initial news reports about her disappearance. I was busy with my own life so I didn't really pay much attention to it. I have a moderate interest in the case just because it happened in the state I grew up in. I'm no expert though and no, I'm not trying to play armchair detective.

I watched the series that recently aired called, The Disappearance of Maura Murray-I think it was on the WE channel or maybe ID Discovery. My heart breaks for the poor girl and her family and I think that "web sleuths" are often times way off. They'll accuse anyone of anything and it's become so ridiculous that now people with too much time on their hands play Sherlock Holmes and accuse people without any basis in fact. Ockham's Razor says that the simplest answer is almost certainly the correct one, and internet detectives need to remember this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment